Outstanding Developmental Education Program
Plaque for program
This award recognizes the excellence of a Developmental or Learning Center program. The program recognized demonstrates excellence through anecdotal records and letters from students, faculty, and administrators as well as by statistical outcome measures. Documentation should follow the guidelines for the NADE John Champaigne award.
- Letter of nomination
- Letter of endorsement from state or regional developmental education association/organization or the equivalent
- Letter(s) of support from:
- Campus administrators and/or other members of the college community
- Members of the developmental program
- Faculty or Staff members outside the developmental area
- Description of the program, including quantitative data and highlighting unique features, components, etc.
- Copies of program brochures, flyers, other publicity materials
- Copies of recent regional/national evaluations
- Copies of regional/national program recognition award
Shining Star Award
The purpose of the “Shining Star Award” is to acknowledge and recognize an individual, an institution, or an agency who has demonstrated a commitment to celebrating diversity.
- The recipient of the “Shining Star Award” will document his/her commitment to diversity in one or more of the following ways:
- Devote time in class sessions and/or other public forums discussing the values of diversity as it relates to recognizing, understanding, and appreciating differences.
- Demonstrate in day-to-day activities and interactions with others an understanding of and a need for diversity.
- Identify and expose sexism, racism, and other forms of systematic oppression.
- Initiate or actively participate in activities at school or in the community that are focused on eliminating prejudice.
- Display an attitude of honesty, openness, and harmonious team building.
- Letter of nomination sharing events, accomplishments, dates, times, places, and people impacted